Saturday, October 18, 2008

52. Creepy Hallows End!

Text for the audio segment "Off the Beaten Path" on Epic Dolls Podcast # 52

CREEPY! HALLOWS END

Deathknights are coming soon, and its October, so let’s talk about the creepiest places in World of Warcraft.


PLACES TO SEE

To continue with World Exploration, These are my top five creepiest places to visit in World of Warcraft.


5 Coming in at number five for creepiness, is walking around inside the Karazhan instance by yourself after areas have been cleared. The architecture is wonderful but something about the place feels extremely spooky, as if some thing will be jumping out at you at any time. The convoluted hallways leading up to Aran, are probably the highlight…be sure to look straight up.

4 Positioned at the Number four on my list of creepy spots is the Amber Web pass on Blood Myst Island, one of the Draenei starting areas. Something about those scary looking spiders and webs strung all over the place, makes me want to get out a huge can of raid.

3 Coming in at Number three on my list has to be Darrowshire in Eastern Plaguelands. According history, during the second war, Darrowshire was attacked by a Scourge regiment led by the ghoul lord Horgus the Ravager and the death knight Marduk Blackpool. Darrowshire is ruined village that appears haunted by sadness and loss. It is said that the people who fell here wander aimlessly through plaguelands as ghouls.

2 Number 2 as one of the creepiest spots to visit has to be Silithus, which located in the south western corner of Kalimdor. Silithus was once the grand empire of the race known as Aqiri. To us, it is infested with giant swarming insects called silithids and in the middle of the zone is their HUGE main hive – they are buzzing and flying all around it. This brings back every nightmare of bee and wasp stings when I was kid. Don’t forget to visit their pulsating Silithid tunnels all around the zone…those definitely raises the ick factor for me.


1 The Number 1 creepiest spot to me has to be the - Apothecarium in the southwest corner of Undercity. This is by far one of the most demented places in WoW. There are twisted parts of bodies hanging on chains from the ceiling, and electrical currents and arcing from the metallic spindles. This place is like Doctor Frankenstein meet Jack Skellington of Nightmare Before Christmas.
These were my top five creepiest spots. If you would like to submit your creepiest spots and have them aired on the next episode, write us here at epicdolls and title it “creepiest spots” for Stardancer.

Unusual Quests
If you are working on Quest achievements, Let’s talk about spooky quests.


When you happen to be visiting Darrowshire, Eastern Plaguelands, you may encounter a small house on the eastern side. The single inhabitant of these dismal ruins, is the ghostly form of a young girl playing in the front room. She does not realize she is dead. If you start conversing with her she says…
My auntie Marlene told me to stay here in our house because my father had to go and fight. My father's the bravest man in the whole world! But I've been here for a long time, and he hasn't come for me. Sometimes bad people come and whisper to me and I want my dad to make them go away, but he's not here! And sometimes when it gets dark I want to play with my doll but I can't because I left it in town. Will you find my doll for me?
Finding Pamela’s Doll begins with a quest entitled “Little Pamela” given by the ghost Marlene Redpath at Sorrow Hill in Western Plaguelands. This is not only a spooky quest, but a heart wrenching epic tale of what happened to her father.

Role Playing Tips

For Role Playing Tips this week, I want to give a shout out to Moon Guard Server. For the past two and half weeks, I began characters on both alliance and horde to test out the role-playing climate on Moon Guard a RP server. It was pretty amazing. There were role-players in Brill, on the street to Lordaeron, they were in the courtyard, and inside the city, there was role playing inside Silvermoon, and outside on the road, the courtyards, and even down by the lake ---and even in newbie zones. I found people willing to role-play on both horde and alliance sides.


Adding the mod FlagRSP2 helped me a great deal as I could easily identify other role players and join in.


This is a server with a population that earnestly maintains a RP climate there. If you are serious about role playing, this seems to be a great place to try.


Music:
All music from the game